blob: 9d8dc117daca9baa24564a64da531c53448d13a1 (plain
# Wireless Info
This script gathers the infos necessary for troubleshooting a wireless connection
and saves them in a text file, wrapping it in an archive if it exceeds the 19.5 kB
size limit for `.txt` attachments on the Ubuntu Forums.
- Creates the file `wireless-info.txt` at the location it is run from.
- Additionally creates the archive `wireless-info.tar.gz` if the file exceeds 19.5 kB in size.
- Masks all sensitive info, like MAC addresses and WPA/WEP keys, automatically in a meaningful way.
- Offers to post the results to your default `pastebinit` provider if the program is installed,
and a sufficiently reliable internet connection is available.
## Run from CLI
You can either run it from the command line with these commands:
wget -N -t 5 -T 10 https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info && \
chmod +x wireless-info && \
This will download the script, make it executable, and run it, all in a row.
## Run from GUI
Or, if `zenity` or `kdialog` is installed, run it from the GUI this way:
1. [Download](https://github.com/UbuntuForums/wireless-info/raw/master/wireless-info) the script
2. Make it executable
3. Run it from your file browser or a Run dialog